Hot works – online course
The insurance industry in Norway requires that everyone who carries out hot work has a certificate documenting that they have undergone approved training in hot work. The certification is valid for 5 years. Hot work means work where machines and equipment are used that generate sparks and heat that can lead to fire. Hot work includes the use of open flame, hot air, welding, cutting and/or grinding equipment🧯🔥
The course is approved by the Norwegian Fire Protection Association and is based on film, animation and active participation. Through the presentation of realistic events, work tasks, review of routines and risk assessments associated with the execution of hot works, you will acquire useful knowledge and good attitudes.
The structure of the course
- Use of oxygen
- Fire theory. What does it take to start a fire?
- The insurance companies’ safety regulations
- Fire spread
- Fire hose as emergency preparedness
- Tanks and containers
- Hand fire extinguishers
- Laws and regulations
- Hot works and risk
- Proof of responsibility
- The certification scheme
- Reduce the risk of fire when carrying out the work
- Control of extinguishing agents
- After the accident
- New workplace
- Handling and transport of gas cylinders
- First aid burns
- The work instructions, after completed work
- Introductory module
- Risk assessment and fire preparedness
- If it starts to burn
- Example of a job
- Summary module
- The work instructions
- Fire separator
- Chapter 2 in the textbook
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapters 6 and 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
- All participants will be sent a login link to the course
- Language is selected in the bottom left corner after logging in
- The course is valid for 30 days after it has started, otherwise the license is permanent.
- You get 3 attempts at the exam. (You must score at least 70%)
- After passing the exam, you must carry out a practical extinguishing exercise and have it documented (download instructions and template for documentation ).
- When we have received documentation of completed extinguishing drills, this is forwarded to the Norwegian Fire Protection Association for assessment approved/not approved.
- The extinguishing exercise must be completed within 3 months after this course has been completed.
Deviations from the points above lead to failure.
Who is the course suitable for?
People who carry out work that involves the use of tools and equipment that generate heat, such as welding, soldering, cutting and grinding. This may include people who work in the building and construction industry, the shipping industry, the oil and gas industry, as well as other industries where work is carried out with hot tools and equipment.
The course is also available in Norwegian, English and Polish
The certificate is valid throughout the Nordic region
- The Norwegian Fire Protection Association issues a certificate!
- The certificate is awarded in the BVis app , as an app for tablets and mobile phones that contains your certificate issued by the Norwegian Fire Protection Association. The certificate is valid throughout the Nordic region.
- Valid for 5 years.
Buy courses for yourself and others
- The registration forms make it possible to register 1-50 users at the same time.
- Choose the language of the course for each individual user.
- The invoice is sent via EHF or to a registered email address with a 14-day payment deadline.
- If you want to pay straight away, card payment can be used
- Our registration form gives you the option to pay with Vipps.
We offer group discounts and package deals.
Get an offer today!